Japanese Flower Support Shippo Ikebana
This is a Japanese flower support tool Shippo for flower arrangement (Ikebana). It is made of stone and shaped like a turtle. Ikebana is the traditional Japanese art of flower arrangement. The three most popular schools are Ikenobo, Ohara-ryu and Sogetsu-ryu. Ikebana is totally different from European-style flower arrangements. It creates harmony and expresses the three elements of heaven, earth, and humanity.
- Japanese flower support, Shippo
- Turtle shape
- Used for a flower arrangement for Suiban, Flowers are less damaged than pins type of kenzan
- Item weight: 293 grams
- Packed weight: 493 grams
- Approx. 13.5 cm long x 7.7 cm wide x 4 cm tall
- Good condition. Wear and tear due to age. Please see the photos.
- This piece was purchased at the famous Osu Antique Market in Nagoya
Shipping: We ship worldwide by Japan Post. You can see the shipping prices and options by adding this item to your cart. We do combine shipping and if the cart does not give you a discount, we will refund any extra shipping paid in the case of overpayment.
About Us: We are Dan and Maiko. Since moving to Japan in 2001, we have gained a vast knowledge of Japanese antiques and vintage items and we are happy to bring you many beautiful items from Japan. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us.