Vtg Japanese Cake Mold Candy Mold Kashigata
- Japanese hand-carved cake mold Kashigata
- Japanese “Kashigata” hand-carved wood cake mold used to make Higashi. Higashi is a type of Wagashi (Japanese Sweets), which is dry and contains very little moisture, and thus keeps relatively longer than other kinds of Wagashi. The mold is used to shape the Wagashi to the desired shape.
- Design: Purce
- Kanji on the side reads: Kinchaku
- Item weight: 482 grams
- Packed weight: 682 grams
- Approx. 19.5 cm long x 12 cm wide x 3.5 cm thick
- Good condition considering its age. Wear and tear due to age. Please see the photos.
- We got this item at an antique auction in Tajimi in Gifu, Japan
Shipping: We ship worldwide by Japan Post. You can see the shipping prices and options by adding this item to your cart. We do combine shipping and if the cart does not give you a discount, we will refund any extra shipping paid in the case of overpayment.
About Us: We are Dan and Maiko. Since moving to Japan in 2001, we have gained a vast knowledge of Japanese antiques and vintage items and we are happy to bring you many beautiful items from Japan. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us.