Japanese Wooden Pottery Storage Box
Wooden boxes are a common method of safely keeping and storing delicate pottery, vases, and other ceramic, clay, and glass items in Japan. In addition to pottery, they are also widely used for a plethora of other traditional Japanese crafts including kimono accessories, wrapping cloths, chopsticks, commemorative gifts, etc.
This tall, lidded rectangular box is made for a decorative incense burner, but is perfect for storing trinkets or use for display or other crafts/projects. It features a flat blue and white cord for tying the box.
- Kanji on lid: Incense burner (kouro), Foo dog/lion dog (karajishi).
- Kanji inside lid: Made by Takashi (takashi saku)
- Item Weight: 287 grams
- Packed Weight: 987 grams
- Approx. dimension (long x wide x tall)
- Outside: 12.5 x 12.5 x 20 cm
- Inside: 10.5 x 10.5 x 18.5 cm
- Good condition considering age. Wear and tear due to age. Please see the photos carefully.
- We got this box at an estate sale in Nagano, Japan
Shipping: We ship worldwide by Japan Post. You can see the shipping prices and options by adding this item to your cart. We do combine shipping and if the cart does not give you a discount, we will refund any extra shipping paid in the case of overpayment.
About Us: We are Dan and Maiko. Since moving to Japan in 2001, we have gained a vast knowledge of Japanese antiques and vintage items and we are happy to bring you many beautiful items from Japan. If you have any questions please contact us.