Japanese Tea Ceremony Set Chabako
This is a Japanese vintage tea ceremony set, Chabako. Chabako is a box used for carrying a set of tea ceremony utensils. It contains a set of tea utensils such as a green tea bowl and tea whisk.
- Japanese tea ceremony utensils set cased in the wooden box
- Tea set, Chabako
- Included items and its approx. dimensions below:
- a tea bowl for (Chawan): 12 cm wide x 6.5 cm tall
- Waste water container (Kensui): 15 cm wide x 8 cm tall
- Lidded water pot (Mizusashi): 13.4 cm wide x 14.2 cm tall
- tea caddy (Natsume): 6.5 cm wide x 6.5 cm tall
- lid or ladle stand (Futaoki): 4.5 cm wide x 4.5 cm tall
- ladle (Hishaku): 5.2 cm cup wide x 38.5 cm long
- tea scoop (Chashaku): 19 cm long
- bundle of paper: 14.5 cm long x 17.5 cm wide
- Red cloth (fukusa): 26.5 cm wide x 27 cm long
- Purple cloth (fukasa) 26.5 cm wide x 27 cm long
- Green tea bowl: Kiseto, signature on the bottom
- Whisk (chasen) 10.5 cm long x 5.5 cm wide
- Kensui: Oribe
- water pot: Design of drip glaze
- Natsume: wood. maple leaf and sakura pedals
- Futaoki: porcelain
- Ladle: bamboo
- Wood, pottery, bamboo
- Item weight: 3000 grams
- Packed weight: 4200 grams
- Good condition. Very good condition with only minor wear and tear due to age. Please see the photos carefully.
- We acquired this item from an old family estate sale in Nagoya, Japan
Shipping: We ship worldwide by Japan Post. You can see the shipping prices and options by adding this item to your cart. We do combine shipping and if the cart does not give you a discount, we will refund any extra shipping paid in the case of overpayment.
About Us: We are Dan and Maiko. Since moving to Japan in 2001, we have gained a vast knowledge of Japanese antiques and vintage items and we are happy to bring you many beautiful items from Japan. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us.