Japanese Tea Ceremony Set Chabako
This is a vintage Japanese wooden boxed tea ceremony set, Chabako. Chabako is a box used for carrying a set of tea ceremony utensils. It contains a set of tea utensils such as a green tea bowl and tea whisk.
- Japanese tea ceremony utensils set cased in the wooden box
- Tea set, Chabako 20.5 cm long x 18 cm wide x 43 cm tall
- Included items and its approx. dimensions below:
- a tea bowl (Chawan): 12.7 cm wide x 7.7 cm tall
- Wastewater bowl (Kensui): 13 cm wide x 7.5 cm tall
- Lidded water pot (Mizusashi): 13 cm wide x 14.5 cm tall
- tea caddy (Natsume): 6.5 cm wide x 6.5 cm tall
- ladle (Hishaku): 5.2 cm cup wide x 38 cm long
- tea scoop (Chashaku): 18.5 cm long
- bundle of paper: 14.5 cm long x 17.5 cm wide
- white cloth: 28 cm wide x 15 cm long
- Red cloth: 28 cm wide x 27 cm long
- Fan: 24 cm wide x 15 cm tall
- Futaoki: 5 cm wide x 4.5 cm tall
- Whisk (Chasen) 10.5 cm long x 5.4 cm wide (comes with paper box)
- Tea bowl: Brown, Signature on the bottom (Nissanseika)
- Kensui: White, black lines
- water pot: Brown with covered white glaze
- Natsume: wooden lacquerware, red and black inside
- Ladle: bamboo
- Futaoki: pottery
- Wood, pottery, bamboo
- Item weight: 2800 grams
- Packed weight: 3800 grams
- Good condition. wear and tear due to age. Please see the photos carefully.
- We acquired this item from an old family estate sale in Nagoya, Japan
Shipping: We ship worldwide by Japan Post. You can see the shipping prices and options by adding this item to your cart. We do combine shipping and if the cart does not give you a discount, we will refund any extra shipping paid in the case of overpayment.
About Us: We are Dan and Maiko. Since moving to Japan in 2001, we have gained a vast knowledge of Japanese antiques and vintage items and we are happy to bring you many beautiful items from Japan. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us.