Japanese Playing Cards Ogura Hyakunin Isshu
This is a vintage Japanese card game Hyakunin Isshu. Hyakunin Isshu is a classical Japanese anthology of one hundred Japanese waka by one hundred poets. Hyakunin isshu can be translated to "one hundred people, one poem [each]"; it can also refer to the card game of uta-garuta, which uses a deck composed of cards based on the Hyakunin Isshu. This set comes with cassette tape.
- Japanese playing cards, Ogura Hyakunin Isshu
- Anthology of 100 poems selected in the Kamakura era(1185-1333)
- Poetry Karuta called Uta-garuta
- 2 types of cards:
- the whole of the poem and the poet's image and name
- the last part of the poem
- Cassette tape
- Cased in the matching paper box
- Kanji on the box: Hyakunin Isshu, Kasuga
- Item weight: 892 grams
- Packed weight: 1292 grams
- Approx. card: 7.5 cm long x 5.2 cm wide
Good condition. Wear and tear due to age. Please see the photos carefully.
- Acquired from a friend's home in Gifu, Japan
Shipping: We ship worldwide by Japan Post. You can see the shipping prices and options by adding this item to your cart. We do combine shipping and if the cart does not give you a discount, we will refund any extra shipping paid in the case of overpayment.
About Us: We are Dan and Maiko. Since moving to Japan in 2001, we have gained a vast knowledge of Japanese antiques and vintage items and we are happy to bring you many beautiful items from Japan. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us.